1st Half Taxes:  Paid to the Town of Holland up until January 31st.  Tax collection hours:  link

2nd Half Taxes:  Paid to the County Treasurer - not the TownThe 2nd half payment is due July 31st.  For further tax information, check link.

Taxes - How can I tell if they have been paid?  To check the status of your taxes, link to the County Land Records Information page at: La Crosse County Land Information link. Enter your address and than click on your parcel.  Click on the "Taxes" link on right side of the page.  

New in 2024: Brush chipping will be offered only two months: the 2nd Tuesday in May and October.  Please remember to call the office (526-3354) no later than 1:00 p.m. the day before the chipping date to get on the list. Keep in mind that you can leave a message on the answering machine 24/7!  Also, keep in mind that the service is for for light pruning and trimming -- pile no higher than 3 feet and no wider than 15 feet along the curb.  Larger amounts should be handled by a tree service.  THIS IS NOT FOR ASH TREE REMOVAL! If you have a dead ash tree, please contact a tree service for disposal.

For more information see our Town newsletter: link

DOG TAGS: Dog licenses are to be renewed each year beginning December 1st.  The DEADLINE for renewal is December 31st with a grace period until March 31st.  Starting April 1st, all dog licenses must be renewed at the County Clerk's office.


Refuse & Recycling Collection:  

If refuse or recycling service missed your home, please call Hilltopper directly at 783-6727.  Refuse/recycling calendar

Well replacement funds available
American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Well Grant programs:  These programs are providing funding to well and water system owners to replace, reconstruct, treat, or abandon their wells or water systems.

A flier with a helpful overview of the grant programs, eligibility requirements and how to find more information can be found here. More information about the programs is also available on the grant program webpages:

Know that Wisconsin citizens receive funding if they are eligible!

Shouldering work:  

Our Town Crew may be in your neighborhood this summer working to maintain the shoulders along the Town roads.  This work involves either cutting away soil/grass that is preventing water from draining from the roads or it may involve adding gravel to shoulders that are lower than the pavement edge to prevent the road from cracking off.  This work is important for the longevity of the roads. Regular maintenance of the shoulders maximizes good pavement and allows run-off from rain and spring thawing.  If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact the Town Hall at 526-3354.  


Please keep in mind that if it explodes or leaves the ground, you most likely need a permit.  "Fireworks" means anything manufactured, processed or packaged for exploding,emitting sparks or combustion which does not have another common use.  Please see our Town of Holland Fireworks Ordinance for more information. 
Permits are free!  However, you will need to obtain an application from the Town Clerk at least 48 hours before using fireworks.  Some basic information will be required such as the kind and quantity (not the dollar amount), date and time of use.  Keep in mind that you may not purchase the fireworks until you have a permit.


See La Crosse County Health Department web page for more information at or read the Nitrate Information brochure: link
Additional information:

    Link to La Crosse County Health Department:  La Crosse County link

    Testing bottles are available in the Clerk's office during office hours.